Puppy Raisers must comply with the following regulations. By submitting this form you acknowledge that there are standards and special care required to care for one of our program dogs. Submitting this form does not guarentee your acceptance into the program.
1) Provide a safe and loving environment for the puppy.
2) Attend K9PAD or K9PAD approved lessons as required.
3) Use reward-based training methods as taught by K9PAD and approved trainers.
4) Work closely with K9PAD to monitor and record the puppy's progress.
5) Feed the puppy the approved diet.
6) Ensure your puppy attends all required veterinary appointments.
7) Provide the puppy with age-appropriate socialization and outings.
8) Supervise the puppy at all times or ensure the puppy is crated when it can't be supervised directly.
9) Provide appropriate play sessions in safe and secure environments.
10) Crate train the puppy.
11) Teach the puppy manners and basic obedience as per the K9PAD protocols.
12) Ensure approved puppy sitting is provided if you are going away or unable to care for your puppy short term.
13) Be able to have access to reliable transportation to attend sessions as required.
14) Treat the entire K9PAD team with kindness and respect. Work together with other volunteers to ensure the best development for your puppy and others.